If you are in the customer service domain, then you would surely have come across disgruntled customers at one time or the other. Dealing with an angry customer can be a scary experience, which is why regular training is provided to people who are part of a customer support team. Many companies tend to underestimate the power an average angry customer yields. An unhappy customer is more likely to tell his peers about the bad experience than a happy one. In this age of networking, word-of-mouth serves as a powerful marketing tool and has the power to make-or-break any brand.
Tips For Dealing With Grumpy Customers
- One of the first things to remember when dealing with an angry customer is to remember that this is not a personal vendetta against you. The customer has had a bad experience with the company you are working for & is using you as a medium to vent his feelings and anger. Never ever lose your temper with an angry customer, as it will only escalate the situation further.
- Always remember to acknowledge the customer for taking out the time to let his dissatisfaction known. Acknowledgement is an important part of handling angry customers.
- Give complete attention to the angry customer who is calling in share his concern with you. Also, show empathy and respect the customers' feeling, no matter how angry or disgruntled they are.
- The right words can make a huge difference in controlling a situation and preventing it from going out of hand. Without accepting the blame, you can apologize to the customer for the bad experience they has. This will tell him that you are concerned with his welfare and understand his situation.
- Listen carefully to what he has to say about the incident that triggered his anger, & ask if you need clarity on any point. Rephrase the entire thing to ensure that you got all the facts right.
- Ask the customer what he wants & how your company can remedy the situation. Take his suggestions and also provide your feedback. If you do not have the answers, tell the customer that you will get back to him in a short time with an effective solution.
These simple steps can prove very useful in dealing with and placating an angry customer. At realestateindia.com, a trusted portal that offers effective real estate solutions, Customer Complaints are given top priority. Realestateindia Complaints are handled by highly trained members who have years of experience in complaint handling. Even with this, the team handling Realestateindia.Com Client Complaints is provided with regular training to ensure that it can successfully deal with all kinds of customers, and offer effective Realestateindia.Com Complaint Solutions accordingly.