Mohali, formerly known as Ajitgarh, is one of the important cities located adjacent to Chandigarh. Owing to its close proximity to Chandigarh, the city holds a prominent place both in the list of investors and buyers. Mohali, Chandigarh and Panchkula form the tricity. It is touted as the emerging IT city and has all the potential to be one of the prominent IT cities. Due to the fast paced development going on in the city, it has gained a prominent place in the Indian Real Estate. So, let us look at some of the developments that place the city in the world map.
Infrastructural Developments Several Infrastructural Developments are going on in the city making it a favorable place for real estate investment. The major infrastructural projects include:
- A new international airport is to be constructed in Mohali on an area of 306 acres in Jheorehri Village of Mohali. This airport is an extension of existing Chandigarh domestic airport.
- A railway station is there in the SAS Nagar in Mohali that offers connectivity with major cities like Chandigarh, Ambala and Delhi.
- Mohali has roads of about 2,591 km in length. It has a wide network of roads including 52 kms of National highways and 1272 kms of State highways.
- About 260 acres of land is allocated for developing hospitals and health institutions in Mohali.
Other Development Projects:
- As an Education City- About 1500 acres of land has been dedicated for developing it into an education city. Several higher education colleges and institutions in different disciplines like management, pharmaceuticals, computer science, engineering tourism and hospitality sports and media and mass communication are planned here.
- As An IT City- More than 1700 acres of land is available for developments in the IT sector. The proximity to airport and railway station makes it a favorable place for such developments. Several IT/ ITes and BPOs are settling in there looking at the future prospects. It has great potential for institutional, commercial, industrial and residential developments.
- As A Commercial Center- A Convention and Exhibition Centre planned in an area of 10 to 15 acres including a plenary hall and Exhibition space. The developments in the commercial and retail sector include sprouting up of several offices, retail shops, malls, multiplexes, banqueting facilities etc.
All the factors mentioned above constitute a telling story about the development that marks the city of Mohali. These developments have largely contributed in making Mohali a favorable place for investment in realty sector.