Real Estate (Regulations and Development) Act came into force on 1st May 2017 and has brought a positive change in the real estate India. This revolutionary real estate act would not just empower the homebuyers but also punish the unscrupulous builders and developers. The aggrieved homebuyers can now easily file a complaint against the builders or get a peek into the status of the project they have invested in through this real estate act. The builders and developers would have to register with the state real estate authority and abide by the rule rules notified by their state. The central government has asked every state to notify their rules under the RERA Act but only 15 states out of the total 29 have done so. While Gujarat and Maharashtra were among the first ones to notify their state RERA rules, the latest entrant in the list is Uttar Pradesh.
Yogi Adityanath led Uttar Pradesh government has recently notified its RERA rules and has officially launched its RERA website just 5 days before the deadline. The Uttar Pradesh RERA website was launched on 26th July 2017 and has asked all the developers of the state to get registered with them by 31st July 2017. The UP Chief Minister Mr. Yogi Adityanath took to Twitter to inform people about the launch of the website. His tweet read, “In Lucknow today in a Uttar Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority programme.” It became obvious that the UP CM was in Lucknow for the launch of the RERA portal that would make it easier for the builders to register themselves. It would also allow the buyers to file any type of complaint against the buyers easily and also seek information about any project in just a few clicks.
Features Of The Uttar Pradesh RERA Website
Mukul Singhal, the Principal Secretary (Housing) said that the RERA website of Uttar Pradesh would have a positive effect on the people of the state and would allow them to find a solution for their grievances without having to take rounds of the office of the regulatory authority. Like other state’s RERA website, the Uttar Pradesh RERA website also has a number of features that make it’s a good news for all the homebuyers as well as builders of the state. Here are some of the features of the UP RERA website:
- The builders can register with the state real estate regulatory authority through the website in some quick steps. They would have to fill all the details necessary for registration and upload the stated documents to become a registered builder under Uttar Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
- Contrary to the previous rules where the builder had to wait for 45 days to get the unique identity number, by registering on the website, the builders can get their unique identity number as soon as they feed all the necessary information on the registration page.
- The homebuyers can get complete information about the builders and the status of their project once they have invested their money in a project. The builders would share all their details on the site which would make it easier for the buyers to make a more calculated judgment.
- The homebuyers can verify the registration number of the builder from this website and know about the builder’s antecedents at the click of a button.
- Aggrieved homebuyers who want to file a complaint against the misdeeds of a builder or developer can easily make a complaint by visiting the website of Uttar Pradesh Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
- The website would also have unique features like a special calculator for calculating the registration fee. It would also have special tabs for finding the projects and builders who have registered with RERA till date.
The launch of the RERA website for Uttar Pradesh would certainly put a check on all the unscrupulous practices of the builders and developers in the state that have increased drastically in the past few decades. It would make registering, information accessing and complaint filing easier for the people connected to the real estate sector of Uttar Pradesh.
For more details, you can visit; up-rera.in